Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day Thirty Four

Today was all about me.  He woke up at 530 just to go to the store and get me a cup of coffee, a donut, flowers and a few small gifts.  We went to church, then to a nice brunch and spent the day at my favorite place… the horse races.  I enjoyed it so much that I often forgot about the affair!  Until we drove home through the city she lives in.  Then it all came in, flooding my brain with realization after realization.  I wondered what she did today, if he thought about her as we drove past her exit off of the freeway and if she thought about him, somehow knowing he was close by.  Did she feel bad for what she did?  Was I just a road block in her plans?  I hate that her life is okay after this, that all she did was lose a guy she thought she loved for two months.  I hate her more and more everyday.  I want to tell her family, her ex-husband, her friends what she did.  How sneaky and horrible she is.    The night ended with tears and hugging and all sorts of dramatics… how can such a great day turn into this?!?!?  Will there ever be great days that don’t end in some sort of melodrama?

No comments:

Post a Comment