Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day Fifty Nine

I had a fun activity planned for the kids today that took place near his office, so he asked us to come by for lunch.  I almost obliged, but logistically it wasn’t going to work with our activity so I declined.  He got points for asking though. J

Later in the afternoon, after I exhausted the kids and drove home in terrible traffic with a screaming headache, I came home and rested for a few moments before preparing for dinner, etc. We had a lot of nice conversation during dinner.  After dinner, he asked if he could attend his coworkers going away party this weekend, had thought about it enough to offer up the evite list to show that the yogurt slut wasn’t invited and even promised to leave if she showed up.  Wow.  Thanks.  Apparently he still doesn’t understand that his promises don’t mean anything to me.  In return, I offered up her facebook page which clearly showed a friendship between her and the coworker… a conversation about getting drinks soon had taken place in the last week.  He seemed so convinced that she wasn’t going to be there that my crazy took over and, in my head, I was sure that they were planning a secret rendezvous.  He noticed that look in my eyes and asked if I wanted to go with him to the party.  Yeah, that’s just how I wanted to spend my Friday night… looking over my shoulder for a skanky girl who fucked my husband to walk through the door.  How can he even ask me that?  Why wont he drop it?  I finally told him that I am not his mother and he can make whatever choices he would like, but I was done having this conversation. 

What really tears me up is that we had been having a really nice night before that.  All that for a stupid party for a coworker that I didn’t even like and that I was pretty sure had had an affair with one of the other managers!  He knew I disliked her, he knew I was uncomfortable with their relationship years ago and he knew I was uncomfortable with ANY work outing, yet he still pushed it. 

He did redeem himself slightly by apologizing for bringing it up and saying that he didn’t mean to upset me.  Too late.  I’m pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment