Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day Sixty Four

On our mini-vacation and decided to do it all in Houston!  Went to the Childrens Museum AND the zoo and had a GREAT time until we were at the zoo and I saw a childless couple walking around holding hands and loving on eachother.  I instantly thought of the two of them at the zoo in St Louis.  He took her there, to something that we have always done together.  We have visited 13 zoos in the country and our goal is to always go whenever on a vacation.  He ruined that.   I couldn’t snap out of it, crying in front of my kids and the giraffes.  I composed myself the best I could and wandered around, wanting to punch him.  He comforted me constantly, apologized for ruining zoo trips and promised to make it better.  He even suggested us finding something else that only the two of us shared… the only problem is that in their brief two month long relationship, they shared so much that I don’t even know about and cant stand the thought of finding out about.  Can I ever go to the stupid zoo again without feeling betrayed?  Is there any spot on this earth that I wont feel betrayed?

No comments:

Post a Comment