Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day Ninety

My saturday was spent on the couch, in pain, nursing a pinched nerve in my neck that cascaded down my spine and made my fingertips tingle.  Terrible.  I havent felt like this since I was rear ended 10 years ago... and all I did was do the hokey pokey at the library yesterday! 

When I woke up I was unable to get out of bed without help.  He was so good, lifted me so gently and winced at my groans of pain.  He insisted on taking the kids to his brothers for the day so I could be alone with my bum shoulder and pain.  It worked.  I sat all day, did nothing productive and wallowed in my dirty house (he is a good nurse, not a good maid).  I didnt even care about the messy house... I just felt the horrible pain and watched tons of Bravo, TLC and Lifetime reruns all day.  I got all caught up on Project Runway and Millionare Matchmaker!

He came home that night with tons of food from the restaurant he took the kids to for dinner and even yummy desserts.  Again, he was sweet and gentle, insisting on doing everything and not seeming bitter at all that his weekend was spent caring for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment