Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day Seventy Eight

Today is the first of three days off for him… I am looking forward to family time, alone time and just relaxing together.  I had the lawn mowed and pool cleaned professionally this week so that we could maximize our quality time together.  I even took these days off from a little part time work from home job I took. 

Why did I take that job?  To start building my resume should I be forced to work again if this doesn’t work out.  I realize that its not really “looking forward” but I have to protect myself.  I need to add some work experience to my resume if I have to go back to full time work and I plan on saving a lot of the money I get in case I am faced with the struggles of a single mom.  I am sacrificing so much time with my kids to do this, but its necessary.  I now realize that we may not be forever, that someday I might be a single mom working to support my household and I need to be prepared.  I also need something in my life that is MINE, that only I am in control of.  I think it will be good for everyone.

Back to the day… we had a great one!!  We relaxed while the kids napped, even enjoyed a little nooner before we took a brief nap on the couch together.  He was attentive, loving and helpful around the house.  We made some final preparations for his birthday party tomorrow night, even though I haven’t really bought him anything or done what I usually do for this birthday.  Normally, the house is decorated, all of his favorite foods are prepared and gifts and meaningful cards await him… but this year, I just didn’t have it in me.  I know he doesn’t need to be punished anymore for his affair, but I just cant pull myself out of my little funk about his birthday. I just simply don’t care this year.

So, his gifts included a  from our super hero obsessed son (a gift to his bobble head obsessed daddy), some shirts and candy... nothing great or spectacular... mainly just some random last minute items picked up from Ross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment