Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day Seventy Four

He had corporate at work all day to do an annual review of the way he operates large events.  We had little to no contact all day and it killed me.  In my sane mind, I knew he was working very hard and was unable to text while walking the company big wigs through the huge event, but my crazy mind took over several times throughout the day.  I text him at one point and asked if he had seen her, he said he had seen her twice, both times while with his boss and only spoke to her to ask her to turn her yogurt machine on. It didn’t help that, for the last two nights, we hadnt even slept in the same room because I was sleeping with our 4 year old because she was having sleep issues and was exhausting everyone by being up all night.  I knew how important lots of sleep was for him, so I took one for the team and crawled into her full size bed to help EVERYONE out.  I was really missing him and it was just the beginning of five long work days for him.  I have usually been okay with his long work days during these big events because we always sleep together at night, stealing moments in the early morning while he either comes to bed or gets out of it to get ready… but not this time, I was snoring away with my daughter instead and waking up lonelier than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment