Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day Fourteen

Today blew up bigger than any other day.  I had a terrible feeling that he was still lying, especially after I confronted him about his phone being locked.  I kept thinking about it, what is he hiding?  Well, I found out.  I asked for his email password and found it.  MORE emails.  More lies.  He told her he loved her the morning before we had sex (Day 9).  He saw her on Saturday, instead of being at work but was texting me and brought me dinner that night.  She thinks they are going to be together.  She asked him to move up his counseling appt, because he probably told her that he was going to leave me.  Then, he finally tells me everything I have wanted all along… He IS in love with me, he wants to be with me, he will do anything for me, he doesn’t love her.  He chose me.  The problem is that I don’t even know if I want him anymore. So, I called her.  She answered and I professionally introduced myself and asked questions… did she love him?  Did she want to be with him?  Did she know we had sex that weekend?  How did she feel about him coming home to have sex with me?  I then informed her that he loved me, only me and that she meant nothing to him.  I told her that he was standing in front of me and not even trying to get the phone out of my hand while I belittled and insulted her.  How did that make her feel?  “He doesn’t love you or he wouldn’t watch me do this to you” She said nothing.  I asked what kind of mother she was to her own child that she would allow my children to go through this?  To try to take away my kids’ father from them?  She said nothing, so I told her she had been no help and hung up.  We then had a full on domestic violence situation… I wailed on him.  I bruised many parts of my body by constantly beating on him, I wanted him to hurt.  I couldn’t even cry.  That’s the scariest part.  He chased me around the house trying to pry the laptop out of my hands, trying to hide MORE from me.  After a long battle for the laptop, one that ended with my daughter waking up and me telling him to be a good father and get her, I locked myself in my car in the garage and read.  I found more emails, more information about this so called “two week fling.”  It was so much more than that.  So much more.  He has been to her house.  He called her “my love” after I found the initial amazing sex text message.  I left the car, laptop in tow, and ran at him like a crazy person.  More rage, more violence and more lies.  This is not a person that I ever thought I could be.  He just sat there and took it, covered his face when he needed to but never once lifted a hand to hit me back or even stop me.

Things settled down.  I ran for my pack of cigarettes and a bottle of wine and went to the back porch.  Luckily my kids slept through it all and did not have to witness what I had witnessed as a child.

 He sat there, scared.  Not of me, but of losing me.  Or maybe of getting caught in more lies.  He informed me that she comes from an incredibly wealthy family and he was more attracted to her life than her as a person.  While I hate her more than anything for allowing this to happen and trying to take a man away from his family, I hate him even more for being attracted to her money.  This girl thought he loved her, she felt good about it and had hopes for their future, but it was all about money.  I come from a mobile home in Washington, my mother is a teacher and my dead father was a small business owner… a small business with a very small income.  Is he ashamed of my family?!?!  My family that has loved him and accepted him, even though he knocked me up a few months into our relationship.  My family has been more to him than his family has ever been to me.  They love him as much as they love our blood relatives and are happy to do whatever they can to see us regularly and help out where needed. Why is that not enough for him?  No, my mom is not a mayor, my dad could never be found on forbes.com and instead of a 7000 sq ft home with three pools, they modestly live in 1800 sq ft with an above ground pool.  Money?!?!!  THAT was the motivator?!?!  He said he could see a better future for our kids in that family… what would that family do better with my daughter than they did with theirs?  She is a little slut who f****d a married man and thought nothing of it.  She is dirty and broken.  How would they influence my son?  To spend all of his time building an empire and working, not spending any time with his family?  When things get tough with whatever lucky woman he marries, just go have an affair instead of being a REAL man and facing your problems head on?  My kids deserve better than all of that.

After a long conversation that was filled with lies, I made him call her to end it and I was going to watch the whole thing.  Unfortunately, I let him off the hook by inadvertently breaking up with her for him because she hung up on him both times he called.  He then began begging me not to go on my trip the next day.  What?  And stay here?  No way in hell.

I am feeling more alone, scared and broken than I ever have.  This whole time, the last 14 days, he has been talking to her.  He saw her on Day 12 before he came home to ME.  He lied.  He continued to f***ing lie to me.  I leave for Washington tomorrow and am so afraid I am not going to want to be with him.  I am afraid that his lies have been too much for my little heart to overcome. 

1 comment:

  1. hi there... i have been reading your blog for the last couple of days and i just... don't know what to say. i am so sorry for the pain your are enduring. your husband sounds like a complete coward. it is absolutely mindblowing how people can rationalize behavior like that. i think it's really great that you are still going on your trip. are you taking the kids?

    i have to admit, i was incredibly surprised that you two were doing so well at day 9 (or whenever you had your date by the airport.) it just seemed way too quick and while i wanted to be optimistic for you, i was also waiting for the other shoe to drop. i don't know what to say except good luck and stay strong... i am thinking about you and sending you good vibes, even if you are a complete stranger. you don't deserve this.

    p.s. i have hit my boyfriend several times since i found out he cheated, which i was really ashamed of. it's nice to know i'm not the only one who has resorted to violence. it's sad, but i completely 100% understand the instinct.

    ReplyDelete