Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day Twelve

Today my sister, my rock, leaves.  I have to do this without her wisdom and guidance and I am afraid.  Twelve days ago he shattered my soul and I now I have to be around him, alone in our home, for the first time since.  He works tonight, then he takes the kids tomorrow to see his brother while I get ready for my trip home to Washington on Tuesday.  I took my sister to the airport and returned exhausted, not ready to do this alone.  He surprised me with how attentive he was, offered to bring me dinner on his way home from work, picked up beer and cuddled with me on the couch.  He seemed different, in a good way. Less withdrawn and more present.  I asked him to come to bed with me, instead of staying in the spare room and he declined. I asked him to “tuck me in” and he said he would but never showed. Again, his phone was with him all day and I have a feeling in my gut that says that this is weird, but I have to at least try to believe him when he says he isn’t doing anything wrong.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there...
    I've been reading your story, it's almost like you are living my life. You are very brave to start a blog and I am rooting for you. It has been a little over a month and my WH is still a bit foggy. Best of luck, you are stronger than you think--
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... I am sorry to hear that there are so many people living this horrible kind of life. I will continue to post until I go a whole day without thinking about it... if that is even possible.

    ReplyDelete