Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day Eighteen

Spent the day with my sister and a good friend, having lunch, shopping and getting pedicures.  They both were so very supportive, urging me to work it out, telling me that he was not a bad man, but a good man who did a bad thing.  Unfortunately, they don’t even know the half of it.  As far as they know, he slept with her for two weeks and still talked to her after he told me he wasn’t.  They don’t know that he told her he loved her, that they had plenty of things to keep them occupied for the next “50 years” and that he led her to believe that he was leaving me.  I couldn’t bare to have them see him the way I had to.  I hadnt told them what had happened a few days ago.

They both had so many encouraging things to say… if he could change into a man who could do this to his family, then he could change back into the man he once was.  A quote from my grandma… “People always say that people don’t change, but that’s all people do is change.”  He is not a man who would tell me he is in love with me and 150% committed to our relationship if he didn’t really mean it.  Most importantly, if he does this again he is gone and he realizes this and wont do it again, for fear of losing me… the woman he really does love.

After our day of pampering, my sister and I went out for cocktails and I had a renewed sense of faith in our relationship and the prospect of rekindling our love, that was once true and real.  It can get there.  Perhaps it may even be better.  That’s what the wine convinced me of, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment